Aces – Sunday 5th February 2023Published on 11th January 2023 in members and guests
Bookings for the Aces sessions are open.
For those who haven’t attended before, one-hour Aces sessions are usually offered at either 9:00-10:00am or 10:00-11:00am with the aim to fill the early session first. Maximum number per session is 10.
As usual, there are a few important things to be aware of:
- Please, no walk-ups. Bookings are essential and can be made via the golf shop or via the link below. Telephone 5255 6255.
- The fee is $10 per participant and payment is required when making your booking.
- Participants are encouraged to make a booking to play the Par-3 course with their parents after the session (included in the fee). It’s a good idea to do this when making your Aces booking, or prior to the Aces session starting. Enjoying a round with your children and teaching them the etiquette of golf is an important element of the Aces program.
- Preference is for children to have their own clubs, but some will be available to borrow.
- Take note of the weather forecast. Please dress your children appropriately with hats, sunscreen, mozzie repellent etc. and in accordance with the Club’s dress code (see below).
As the member-only short game area is used by the Aces, please make sure you and your children are dressed appropriately while on the course. Take a moment to look at the Club’s dress code. In general terms we require everyone to wear neat attire including a collared shirt/polo (tucked in for boys), tailored trousers/shorts/skirts, white socks (for boys wearing shorts) and closed shoes.
If you’d like more details please call the golf shop on 5255 6255.
The Aces Program
The Club encourages interested young golfers to register and be involved in The Barwon Heads Golf Club’s ‘Junior ACES’ program.
Read about the objectives of the program and its features on the Juniors page on the website.
Children are required to be pre-registered prior to attending a session. Registration forms here.